How to make 8 Half Square Triangles using the Magic 8
Youíve probably learned how to sew half-square triangles in two a a time, in sets of four, and even eight at a time. But if youíve never tried piecing half-square triangles Ö... Half square triangles are a building block for many a patchwork design. Think of a square with a diagonal line between two opposite corners, and thatís a half square triangle. Shelly from Coral & Co. shows how you can make 8 half square triangles all at once. Click below for her tutorial: The
THE MAGIC 8 METHOD TUTORIAL MAKE 8 HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES
The magic 8 quilt block is the easiest method for making a ton of half square triangles at a time. Follow this simple method you will have a quilt in a snap!... INSIDE: How to Make Easy Half Square Triangles If you are new to quilting or want to learn more about quilting you need to know about the Half Square Triangle, commonly referred to as the HST. An HST is one of the most basic quilting blocks and can be used to create very complex quilts.
Video tutorial Make 8 Half Square Triangles at once
18/04/2018†∑ In this video, I show you simple steps to making Half Square Triangles using the Magic 8 method. This is one method of making Half Square Triangles, check out my other videos in this series, using final nights 3 how to play I have used this technique to make half square triangles. My suggestion: Once you have sewn the 1/4 inch seams, take it to the ironing board, and use Best Press (or another sizing spray) when you iron it. Now take it to the cutting board. The Best Press will help keep the bias edges from stretching.
Four At A Time Half Square Triangles! ‚Äď The Piper's Girls
Half-square triangles seem to appear in a lot of my quilts. Thatís why I like to have several methods at my fingertips for making them accurately and quickly. The key when choosing a method is to look at the quilt pattern you want to makeóif itís scrappy, you might want to make only how to make a cement fingerboard halfpipe 19/09/2015†∑ This is just one of the blocks you can do with 16 half square triangles (HST) but the possibilities are endless. For this tutorial I start with 5 inch squares, which gives you 2 inch HSTs, but you can start with any size square.
How long can it take?
Make 8 Half Square Triangles (HST) in 2 minutes Sewn Up
- How to Sew Half-Square Triangles (HST) ‚Äď 8 at a Time
- 8-at-a-Time Triangle-Squares from Fons & Porter's Love of
- Make 8 Half Square Triangles (HST) in 2 minutes Sewn Up
- How to Make Quarter Square Triangles video and cheat
How To Make 8 Half Square Triangles
Twelve half square triangles are needed which means we need to make a grid of 6 as each square in the grid will create two half square triangles. The grid Ö
- For these reasons I prefer to make my Quarter Square Triangles from Half Square Triangle blocks, and thatís what Iím going to show you today. Hourglass blocks. To make the Hourglass variant of a Quarter Square Triangle youíll start with 2 oversized squares which youíll use to make 2 identical HSTs. You will then sew the 2 HSTs together and cut them apart to yield 2 identical hourglass
- I have used this technique to make half square triangles. My suggestion: Once you have sewn the 1/4 inch seams, take it to the ironing board, and use Best Press (or another sizing spray) when you iron it. Now take it to the cutting board. The Best Press will help keep the bias edges from stretching.
- To make the Half Square Triangles 8 at a Time place two equal size squares of fabric Right Sides Together (RST). It is much easier with this method, to make the squares 1/2in to 1 inch bigger than you would like the resulting square to be. Mark a diagonal line across both diagonals on the wrong side of the top fabric square. 2. Sew a scant 1/4in seam on both sides of the marked diagonal lines
- I have a couple of half rectangle triangle quilt patterns (this one and this one). You can see that this block can be used for some really fun shapes (especially in this one ). How I like to sew Half Rectangle Triangles