making puff pastry dough margarine or butter? Yahoo
The pastry recipe is part way between puff and rough puff pastry. The butter is cut into cubes as for rough puff, but the pastry is folded, rolled and rested several times, making it more similar to puff pastry. In addition, a touch of baking powder is added to give more volume and crumbly airiness. Milk (which is acidic) is then added instead of the water in the recipe to react with the... Rough puff pastry is essentially a non-uniform and inconsistent dough with fewer folds than classic puff pastry. Similar to classic puff pastry, the rough puff version can be prepared fresh or obtained as a ready-made chilled or frozen mass.
Poires au Chocolat Foundations no.7 Rough Puff Pastry
Work into a ball, cover with cling film and chill for 1 hour. This rough dough is called the detrempe. Soften the cold butter between two sheets of baking parchment by pressing with a rolling pin. Cut in half, lie on top of each other and repeat until pliable. Reshape into a rectangle. Flour your work surface, roll the pastry into a circle and put the butter in the centre. Fold the pastry... This is a great shortcut method for making puff pastry. You can use it for sausage rolls, apple turnovers, tarts and savoury pies. You can use it for sausage rolls, apple turnovers, tarts and
light rough puff pastry In Jennie's Kitchen
Rough puff pastry is essentially a non-uniform and inconsistent dough with fewer folds than classic puff pastry. Similar to classic puff pastry, the rough puff version can be prepared fresh or obtained as a ready-made chilled or frozen mass. how to make a bike pump potato gun In both types of pastry, the dough rises in layers or flakes. In Flaky Pastry the dough contains all the flour and water but only a low proportion of fat In Rough Puff all the fat is added to the flour in small pieces, but is not rubbed-in.
Rough Puff Pastry Recipe How to Make Rough Puff Pastry
Method for Making Rough Puff Pastry: NB its best to keep the fat in the fridge until the last minute. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl and add the fat, cut into lumps about the size of a walnut. how to make a volcano smoke without dry ice 8/10/2009 · Really sorry but no, margarine won't work - puff pastry is a really fussy little thing. The whole idea of it is to have many layers of pastry (like, 100000000 layers) with a super duper teeny weeny thin layer of butter between each layer - those layers of fat is what makes the "puff".
How long can it take?
Basic Guide to How to Make Pastry 10 Tips for Better
- Rough puff pastry recipe Gourmet Traveller recipe
- Rough Puff Pastry BAKERpedia
- Puff pastry recipe Pastry puff Making puff pastry
- How to make make puff pastry dough from pastry margarine
How To Make Rough Puff Pastry With Margarine
Puff pastry can be used in many great recipes. Puff pastry is quite a luxury pastry, not difficult to make but it does take a long time from start to finish (roughly about 3 hours), due to rolling and resting the pastry for 30 minutes between 6 rolls of pastry.
- 29/09/2012 · Only if it margarine that comes in a block,think they normally wrapped in foil.If it the soft stuff you wouldn't be able to rub into the flour properly and just end up with a sticky mess. You can use this type to make cakes though.
- Rough puff is a term that covers a range of methods of making a puffy pastry that rises less than classic puff pastry. At one end you have flaky shortcrust, which barely rises. This method, at the other end, gives about 75% of the rise of classic (the pictures above show the rise I've got from this puff). I rarely bother to make classic now - I don't mind a rough edge to something that is
- 10/01/2013 · Puff pastry contains so few ingredients (flour, butter, water, salt), so if you're going to the trouble to make it yourself, you should use the absolute best ingredients you can find. Butter melts at a temperature a few degrees lower than body temperature.
- 22/08/2016 · My pastry is a hybrid of puff AND rough puff pastry. If you read the comments below, you will see people love my recipe because it is much faster to make